"Esoteric Reliabilism", Epistemic Consequentialism, University of Copenhagen, November.
"Fake News: How to Deal with Bullshit", Knowledge in a Digital World, Lund University, Sweden, April.
"Plato Behind Bars", Philosophy in the Real World, University of Reading, April.
"Self-resolving Information Markets" (for Dysrupt Labs), Department of Computer Science, University College London, March.
"An Introduction to Information Markets" (for Dysrupt Labs), Department of Computer Science, University College London, March.
- “Two-level Consequentialism and the Problem of the Epistemic Machiavellian”, University of Copenhagen, July.
- “Epistemic Heroes and Duties to Inform”, the Royal Institute of Philosophy Seminar, University of Nottingham, February.
- “A Consequentialist Virtue Epistemology”, the Approaches to Philosophy Series, Birkbeck, University of London, February.
- “Censoring Online Bullshit,” Knowledge Dissemination in the Digital Era, Modena, Italy, November.
- “Epistemic Heroes and Duties to Inform,” Workshop on Sanford Goldberg’s Assertion, University of Warwick, July.
- “The Costs of Epistemic Realism,” University of Southampton, June.
- “Is Reliabilism a form of Consequentialism?” University of Hamburg, May.
- “Against the Bifurcation of Virtue”, University of Bristol, December.
- “What’s the Problem with Cognitive Outsourcing?” the Annual Meeting of the European Epistemology Network, Madrid, June-July.
- “In Defense of Epistemic Consequentialism,” Departmental Seminar, Department of Philosophy, Durham University, March.
- “What’s the Problem with Cognitive Outsourcing?” Department of Philosophy, Lund University, November.
- “Testimonial Justice and the Virtue of Deference,” Final Research Colloquia of the Character Project, Wake Forest University, June.
- You can watch a video of the talk here.
- “The Virtue of Listening,” Educating for Intellectual Virtue, Loyola Marymount University, June.
- “Testimonial Justice as Complete Fairness,” the Epistemology Brown Bag Series, Northwestern University, May.
- “Epistemic Authority and the Problem of the Dogmatic,” the Philosophy Colloquium, University of Oklahoma, April.
- “The Social Virtue of Blind Deference,” the Philosophy Society, the University of Sussex, April.
- “Why We Can’t Rely on Ourselves for Epistemic Improvement,” the Epistemology Research Group, University of Edinburgh, December.
- “Epistemic Paternalism and Personal Autonomy,” Workshop on Political Theory, Aarhus University, November.
- “Getting it Right” (with Stephen Grimm), the Aims of Inquiry and Cognition, University of Edinburgh, May.
- “The Costs of Epistemic Realism,” Expressivism and Epistemic Normativity, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, May.
- “The Case for Epistemic Paternalism,” the Danish Philosophical Society, Roskilde University, March.
- Commentator for L. O’Brien’s “Self-Knowledge, Passing Thoughts, and Inner Speech,” the XIXth Annual Conference of the Sociedad Filosofica Ibero Americana (SOFIA) on Epistemic Agency, Huatulco, Mexico, January.
- “Required Trust,” the 3rd Copenhagen Conference in Epistemology: Trust and Inclusiveness, University of Copenhagen, August.
- “What’s so Good about a Wise and Knowledgeable Public?” the Bled Epistemology Conference, Slovenia, June.
- “What’s so Good about a Wise and Knowledgeable Public?” Lingnan University, Hong Kong, April.
- “Moderate Epistemic Expressivism,” the Danish Philosophical Society, University of Copenhagen, March.
- “Why Deliberative Democracy (Still) is Untenable,” Political Legitimacy and Disagreement, University of Copenhagen, February.
- Commentator for A. Hiller’s “Does Knowledge Have an Independent Truth Condition?”, Eastern APA-meeting, Boston, December.
- “Required Trust,” Workshop on Epistemic Trust, University of Copenhagen, December.
- “Required Trust,” the Higher Seminar, Lund, November.
- “Epistemic Paternalism: A Defense,” Lund-Copenhagen Workshop in Social Epistemology, Copenhagen, November.
- Commentator for J. Weinberg’s “What Good is Disagreement?”, Epistemic Norms from a Naturalistic Viewpoint, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, October.
- “Beyond Deliberation,” the 2nd Copenhagen Conference in Epistemology: The Epistemology of Liberal Democracy, August.
- “Epistemic Paternalism,” The Epistemic Benefits of Free Speech and Disagreement, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, December.
- “Agency and Amelioration: Re-evaluating a Cartesian Project,” Responsible Belief in Face of Disagreement, VU University Amsterdam, August.
- “Agency and Amelioration: Re-evaluating a Cartesian Project,” University of Copenhagen, Denmark, August.
- “Why Reliaiblism is the New Internalism,” the University at Albany, SUNY Graduate Conference in Epistemology, April.
- “Solving the Generality Problem,” the 1st Annual Graduate Philosophy Conference at Western Michigan University, December.
- “Epistemology and Empirical Investigation,” the 2007 Workshop of the Danish Epistemology Network, Copenhagen, Denmark, May.
- “On A Posteriori Analysis in Epistemology,” the Graduate Student Colloquium at UMass Amherst’s Department of Philosophy in March.
- “An Argument Against Swamping,” the 4th Biennial Rochester Epistemology Conference in Rochester, NY, October.